Thursday, June 2, 2011

When I Grow Up I Want To Be Like Suzanne Sugarbaker

I recently discovered a YouTube channel that has the first four seasons of Designing Women available for viewing. I'm pretty sure that I have died, and gone to heaven. I am so sad that no one has that show in syndication anymore.

I know that a lot of fans of the show liked Julia the best, but I was always a Suzanne fan; probably the reason that I dislike the seasons that are "post-Suzanne". I always felt like she got a bum rap, and that too much emphasis was put on her increasing weight throughout the show.


So, here is what I have learned from Suzanne Sugarbaker:

It's never wrong to go through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen with a pig in your front seat.

It's perfectly acceptable to drive around with all of the mirrors in your car turned toward you.

Say how you feel, no matter what anyone else might think.

and last, but certainly not least:

Life is waaaay better with a tiara.

And just in case you need a little inspiration, here are a few of my very favorite Suzanne quotes for you:

"I'm saying I want you to take your big knockers and hit the road."

"Oh, I don't know, Mary Jo, it's just Charlene. She's in here raving about "Tiny Bubbles" and calling herself Dick."

"There! You see? That shows how good you'd be at sales because that wouldn't work at all. You people act like it's just so easy for me to hustle up business for this place, like I've just got to stand on the corner and go "Hey! Drapes and coffee tables!" and people just come running. Well you're wrong. I have to flirt, I have to deal, I have to lie, and sometimes I even have to threaten. THAT is called SALES. It's not pretty. I am, but it's not."

"Mr. Fladbeau! This is Suzanne Sugarbaker! Reggie Mac is taking his break now, thank you!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment