Thursday, June 23, 2011

Little Moments of Insanity

So, yesterday I took my kids to Target and CVS to get a few things. This will be easy, I thought. I'll buy them a snack, and that will keep them busy for the whole trip. Ummm, no.

We went to Target first, and they were absolutely fine there. We even had to kill 20 minutes while I had a prescription filled, but they were good, and we even managed to get out of the toy department without any major meltdowns or tantrums.

Fast forward to ten minutes later when we got to CVS. First, let me say that apparently CVS believes that the only people that shop at their store only have one child. We tried, and both of my kids, despite their small sizes, cannot comfortably ride in the little car attached to the front of the shopping cart. So what do they do? They get out, of course.

I tried to quickly pick out the makeup that I needed, and the whole time PSB is putting other makeup in the cart saying "Here you go, Mama" after each one. I could feel my blood pressure start to rise at this point, but kept cool, and told them that we needed to go over to the allergy medicine section. {I would like to take this time to apologize to CVS for the mess that the beauty section was in when we left. I was sticking foundation in random, empty spaces because my daughter was running down the aisles. }

Detour on the way to the allergy medicine section {Thank you, CVS for your ever-so-well-placed display of bouncy balls in the middle of the aisle. Especially the fact that they are on the level of toddlers.

Of course, they were out of the allergy meds that I had coupons for, so we headed to the checkout, and good Lord in Heaven, this is where my children looked at each other and suddenly decided that it would be fun to see how crazy they could drive me. They pulled candy from the shelves, loading up the counter, and the (much-too-small) car attached to the front of the cart, and all of this is happening while the poor cashier is trying to explain how much I saved. At this point, I don't even care. Just let me swipe my card, and get these (suddenly possessed) children out to the car.

Maybe I expected too much out of them, maybe it was the pain pill that I took for my back, maybe it was the excitement of earning more ExtraCare Bucks... all I know is if I had it to do over again, I don't think that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment