Thursday, June 2, 2011

Those Dirty Gremlins

They're doing it again. The gremlins have crept into my house & made it messy again. I wish there was some sort of gremlin repellent that would make them stay away, but so far, I haven't found a solution.

The frustrating part is that I clean, I DO. For those that think that being a stay at home mom should give me all kinds of time to clean, I say "phooey". That's right. I'm pulling out the strong language on this one. Every time I try to pick anything up, PSB is right behind me either pulling it right back out, or getting out something else in its place.


I consider cleaning the house MY job, since I am home all day, so I rarely ask The Hubs for help, but I won't lie. I would fall even more madly in love with him if I came home from the grocery store one night and there were no toys on the floor, the dishes were done, etc., but let's face it. He'd probably love it if the house were in that condition when he came home from work. :-) We've already discussed that when I go back to work full time, I want to have someone come in and clean the house. I think after working 40+ hours, I deserve a little help. And, I totally relate to those that don't have help. In my previous marriage, I worked full-time and always took care of the house, and while there were no kids in the house, it was still a handful. So, please don't hate me for wanting to hire someone to help me. I'm pretty sure that's why they're there.

The one thing that I have found that helps is to watch some good ole episodes of "Hoarders", because nothing makes you clean your house faster than the fear that it will start looking like one of the ones on the show. So, I think I'll get off of the computer & start cleaning because I just can't let the gremlins win.

No comments:

Post a Comment