Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mmm, mmm, good!

Who likes dieting? Go ahead, raise your hands...yeah, that's what I thought. I hate it. I don't like the fact that I can't eat three chocolate zingers everyday like I did in high school, or that I've gained 15 lbs. back since my last diet.

Here's the backstory... in high school I weighed 98 lbs. soaking wet. I tried to gain weight (don't hate.. skinny people have body image issues, too), but couldn't. Fast forward ten years to the birth of my first child. I gained forty lbs. during my pregnancy, but lost all but five lbs. before I got pregnant again. After my second pregnancy (during which I also gained forty lbs.), I had a more difficult time losing the baby weight, and resorted to the HCG diet to lose the remaining fifteen.

It worked amazingly well. I lost all fifteen lbs., it reset my metabolism, and I could once again eat whatever I wanted to, for about 10 months. Then, the lbs. started slowly creeping back on. Now it's time to do something about it, and I'll be honest: I don't want to do it. I like eating junk food. I like cakes, pies, donuts, pastries... {pause, while I wipe the drool off of my chin}.

But, a friend recently posted some recipes on Facebook that were created by this amazing woman named Gina. I started looking at them, and discovered that they weren't difficult to make, didn't have a ton of ingredients that I don't have, and don't want to spend the money on, and most importantly, they were HEALTHY.

If you are looking for healthy recipes, you should definitely check out Ginas Skinny Recipes. I have yet to find a bad recipe on that site. Here are a few of my personal faves:

Turkey Chili Taco Soup - soooo good. The crunch of the bell peppers and corn, combined with the flavor of the beans and taco seasoning is amazing.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken - I just made this for the first time the other night & it was a big hit with everyone - even the kiddos!

Pina Colada Cupcakes - one word. YUM. Amazingly good. I gave them to my kids without the frosting on them, and they loved them. I could eat the frosting with a spoon. Not that I did... umm...yeah.

There are still several on the site that I want to try, and hopefully the combination of these recipes, and a little Wii Zumba will help these last 15 lbs. go away.

1 comment:

  1. I love Gina!! I am down to 11 pounds left thanks to Weight Watchers and her awesome recipes that keep me from being bored. One of my favorites (very easy!) is the chicken sausage pasta with spinach and red peppers. I don't really like spinach, but you can't taste it. The chicken sausage is AWESOME - we found one at Sam's Club that is fabulous. Target carries some, too.

    Good luck with your 15 pounds. I know how hard it is!!

    ReplyDelete